How do Obama voters feel about him rescinding the Mexico City Policy?

There are many reasons I didn't vote for Obama, but abortion was definitely one of my top reasons. If you voted for Obama, how do you feel about your tax dollars going to providing abortions around the world?

Luvmylilmonkies

Asked by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm fine with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• The programs funded do much more than provide abortions. I'm frankly more worried about overpopulation than I am about abortion.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm fine with it. Was happy when Clinton did it, too.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 10:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It's true that the programs provide many family planning services in areas where people have no other access to such programs.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 10:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I agree with it. Especially since it is not sending our tax money for abortions only lifts the ban on giving money to organizations who ever even mention abortion.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm okay with it too. I think it's great that he has so far hit the ground running with things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm for it b/c he is not proposing that we simply fund abortion. The proposal is about education as well. How can any woman, here or abroad, make an informed decision without proper education on the subject?
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i dont agree with your desciption but your description is misinformed, i agree with the real policy ... world population in poor countries is out of hand and needs to be addressed before more people have to needlessly suffer. Most of the people i know who have issue with "Sending tax money out of the country" arent worldly, they havent traveled much to see how fortunate even the poorest american is... to see what real poverty is... i have no problem sharing the wealth, even if it means my street has some potholes..
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think it's great that he had enough balls to make such a controversial change so quickly. He must feel very strongly about it. Is his every move going to be put under the microscope?
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Why the HECK do WE need to spend money (that we DON"T have) to educate other countries on their own populations. That's thinking an awful lot of yourselves isn't it? HHmmm maybe the reason so many countries don't like is because we think we know what's best for them. WE DON"T and unless they are a direct threat to us leave them ALONE!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2009