Be Nice

I am about 13 week and just start to get off the sick part ( but still sometime) But I have no support with the kids I have 3 other kids. But my hubby mom told him that she will help with my 1 yr old but she have to come live with her. I do not want that but my hubby said that I am the one crying for support and now i do not want it.

WHY HE DO NOT SEE THAT MY CHILD DO NOT HAVE TO LIVE WITH HER TO BE SUPPORRT.

Would u do that for the help r just do it urself??

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 10:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• goodBlackmale, she is basically saying 'give me the kid or no help.' Why couldn't she just watch her for an hr or two a day or 2 a week? Why isn't hubby being your support? No, I would not send my child away like that. Just take a deep breath, do the best you can and realize one day they will sleep at night, you won't feel sick and this too shall pass. You can do it!!! Let your friends at CM know if you need a pep talk!

KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I would absolutely not send my child to live with my husbands mother. You are the one that decided to have all the children so you should take care of them. Make your husband help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Definately do myself...I am a mother of 4. You CAN do it!!!:) Hang in there. Why can't she stay with u? That should be the question. It looks like someone is trying to control.
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 10:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• these are YOUR kids. YOUR responsibility. How fair would that be for you to send ONE child to your MIL to live but keep the other two and have another one. That is not fair at all, you should be talking to your hubby about support not your MIL it is you and your hubbys job to take care of these kids and be responsible and if your not going to do it get on birth control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Your daughter might resent you later in life if she is the only one being sent to her grandmothers. I don't think that would be fair. I'm sure you need the help, but I think you should find a different way of getting it. What is your husband doing to help?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Not to keep her just to help out in the day time cause that when I get sick the most. I would never just give my baby up like that. Just to help out. But I just feel like my child should not have to live with her. But he make me feel like I need the help so like her go over there but all I want is sometime not all the time
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 11:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Absolutely do NOT send a child to live with your MIL. That can be seen as abandonment by child protective services and you and your hubby COULD end up losing custody of her. My sister allowed the sperm donor of her first son to convince her to leave the baby with HIS sister and my sister had to go to COURT to get him back (after the "kidnapping" she and our mom did to get physical custody back) and to be awarded permanent custody. Also, in order for your MIL to consent to ANY medical treatment you would be forced to sign at least "temporary custody" over ...

DO NOT DO IT! If your MIL says she can't help without the child living with HER, have MIL move in with YOU and let her help with ALL 3 of your kids.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• too me that is not helping its more like kidnapping she is wanting the child not help with the child and other thing is why only one that is a bit odd i would never separate my children that is so mean
    Anonymous

• You dont need that kind of "help". It not fair to put conditions on helping you when you are in need. You help people out of the goodness of your heart not because of what you get out of it. I am sorry your MIL is so selfish.
    Anonymous

• Heck NO!!! Tell your husband to get up and help or get out. Thats the way it would be for me either help or get out
    Anonymous