Has anyone ever used Rosetta Stone for Spanish?

If you have, please let me know if it's as effective as the commercials make it out to be?

Thanks,

~K~

KXDESIGNS

Asked by KXDESIGNS at 10:52 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• I've never used the Rosetta stone, but the Magic Key to Spanish program is awesome.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I will go look Magic Key to Spanish up right now...

Thanks,

~K~
    KXDESIGNS

Answer by KXDESIGNS at 10:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My husband used it- Special Forces in the military uses it to train their men. All men in Special Forces HAVE to learn a second language and they have very little time to do it. They are thoroughly tested and if they don't know the language then they are kicked out of the SF program...So, yeah I would say that it works.

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 11:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Well, this isn't exactly what you were looking for in response.... but I do know someone who used Rosetta for Portugese. She said it was very good for identifying objects, but not good for conversation.

She used the example that she could tell you the correct words for "curtain", "window", and "blue" ... but she couldn't say "I really like the blue curatins in your window."
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Oh... one more thing.... before spending a lot of money on a program, check with your local library. Lots of them have free access to language software from their website. Mine had 2 years of Rosetta a few years back & is now offering a different program.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• yeah my library started offering this. All I need is my library card number and pin to log in.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 2:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Thank U Ladies!!!! I didn't know that the libraries have this program???????????? I will be calling my local library tomorrow to see if they have this program.

You ladies may have just saved me an abundance of $$$!!! This program is extremely expensive. However, I went onto Craigslist and many ppl on there are selling them for a lot cheaper...But if I can get it for free through the local library then WHOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

~K~
    KXDESIGNS

Answer by KXDESIGNS at 10:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I have a bachelor's degree in Spanish if you need some help with Spanish
    courtneyleigh16

Answer by courtneyleigh16 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2009