How much money do you think I will save?

My dryer just went out! BUMMER!! We can't afford to replace it right now. So, how much money do you think I will save? How long do you think I can last?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• As far as energy costs, its not going to save you all that much. If youre running a whole household, the lights and heat and such are going to be the same. You will likely not see a big reduction in your costs. How long can you last? IDK, that depends on your perseverance. I wouldn't last a day. I have 4 kids and we do about 20 loads a week. I would be going to my sils house or at worse, a laundry mat.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• no body really NEEDS a dryer. Its just alot more convenient. So you will save the cost of a dryer and electric. in the summer we used to save about 150 the summer just hanging our clothes but we have a HE dryer so it doesn't matter if we use it or not it stays the same so heck yeah i'm using my dryer lol
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• If you have allergies it is NOT a good idea to use a clothesline. The clothing catches pollen and stuff and brings it into your house and onto your body. Otherwise... go for it. You will save money and it will get you outside.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:21 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You can save money if it was an old dryer. However, where we are it is a bad time of year for it. I am sorry! I used to love hanging out clothes. It was the one time I could get away and daydream.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• depends on if its a energy saver or not but if you csnt last you can go to craigslist.com and see if someone is getting rid of one in your area most selllers will let oyu check it out when you pick it up
    armerswife

Answer by armerswife at 9:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• ok...for budget reasons I have started hanging out my clothes to air dry 90-95% then I throw them in the dryer for 10 minutes soften anhd finish drying . Towels sometimes take a a little longer to soften. The first month I did this my electric bill dropped 45.00. I made no other changes.
    Ok here is the funny part...I don't have a clothes...Our back yard is pretty secluded so I realize not all can do this. I wash the clothes at night, in the morning I hang the shirts, pants whatever will work on hangers. I hang them on the braches of my grapefruit tree.:) The clothes stay mostly out of the sun, the breeze and warm air dry them. Heavy jeans go over the wooden fence, socks I hang over outside chairs. NO neighbors can see .I know it sounds very redneck but look at the good side, I get fresh air, sunshine and vitamin D, a needed break, and if everyone did this just once a week think of the overall electicity that would be save
    beachmom352

Answer by beachmom352 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• oops on above...I don't have a clothes LINE.....we have clothes
    beachmom352

Answer by beachmom352 at 8:20 AM on Jan. 31, 2009