Who here has been or is divorced?

Who has been or it divorced....why did u get divorced and how old where u when this happened? And did u remarry?? I wana know your story....have a good day!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Divorce wasn't fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I've gone through 2 divorces. One when I was 25 and one when I was 31. Both times I was living in Virginia though neither of my exes was in the same state. I obviously have been remarried, and am currently married. My current hubby and I will be married 3 years in early February.

Did not have any kids with either of my other hubby's, have my first NATURAL child now but was a step parent for 5 years to my second hubby's 4 kids (aged 8 to 13 when we got married). My first divorce was amicable but my second was not.

BOTH of my previous marriages were abusive but the second inculded physical and sexual abuse in addition to emotional/mental. My first hubby has since apologised for the abuse he dealt out. I am still working out the problems that came from the abuse and am doing my very best not to let it taint my current marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Why do you bring up such a sad topic? Most people don't get a divorce and are thrilled about the reason why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I was married at 19 ( because I was in love) , 8 months later found out we were having a baby (husband turned abusive), had baby at 20, and got divorced at 21. Divorce was horrible. It really opens your eyes when the man who claims to love you more than life turns on you and does everything in his power to hurt you and your baby.
    I remarried at 24 years old. I am now 35 and have 3 beautiful children. Life isn't always easy with hubby, but we choose every day to make it work and stick it out. We are happier together than we ever would be apart....
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• annon 11:23 did u read what u just wrote??? statistics show that more people get divorced now than ever and what did u just say???? people are thrilled about the reason why???? what does that mean??? It was just a question you dont have to answer if you dont want to....trust me I have seen a lot dumber IMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Answered at 11:23 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Why do you bring up such a sad topic? Most people don't get a divorce and are thrilled about the reason why.

This is not true. New stats show that 60% of marriages end in divorce. Talking about it can help and maybe she just wants to know. It didn't sound like a judgmental question. I have never been divorced but I am a child of divorce and it affected me greatly.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I married at 19 and divorced 3 kids and 14 yrs later. We lost our house to forclosure. He was 6 yrs older than me. We were at rock bottom and I was miserable as you can get...so I just wanted out. We did not agree on anything. It makes me very sad to think about all of this and what my children had to go through in the process. It is hard on them no matter what. He now does not see the kids and never paid support. My kids will have to make peace with all of this someday. God go with them.
    I have since met someone new and we have been together for 7 yrs and share two sons. He has provided for all of my children and although life is never perfect and we have our share of fights I am older and wiser and he is someone I can deal with and is willing to do the work that a marriage is. I think we are better off than where we came from.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My divorce was final in January 2006. I was 29 at the time. It was the best thing for me. I am basically remarried now (just need to make it official! lol), and he is the love of my life.
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Yes, I was in my early to mid 20's when I divorced my first husband. He was very abusive so the divorce was not a fight. We didn't own any property so there was nothing to settle. He didn't show up for it in court, but the judge protected his rights as a parent by granting him visitation rights (which he never acted upon) and ordered him to pay child support and spousal support.
    I remarried a few years later to the most wonderful man and am still married to him. My daughter by my first marriage has never known her bio-father so only knows my husband as her daddy. Has never referred to him as anyone but Dad - never step-dad. Her sisters are her sisters - not half. We are a true family and very blessed.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:48 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I'm going thru a bad divorce. It's been the worst 2 years of my life and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel yet. If you can, make your marriage work as long as you still love one another. We love each other, but my husband hates me just as much and has now become my worst enemy. It's the most painful thing I've ever gone through. We have 3 small children together and he's trying to take them from me. So far, he's succeeding bc he's a $750,000 wage earner who can pay anyone to do anything.
    Katiecmartin

Answer by Katiecmartin at 12:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009