how long is a normal teething period last before the first tooth?

My daughter has been trying to cut teeth for about a month and half but still no teeth and I was wondering if anyone knew about how long it sometimes takes. Right now she's six months and I didn't know if I should be worried or not.

Asked by mama_raskul at 5:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It took Zoe 4 months a piece. She didn't start getting them until 11 months and then just got her eye teeth when she was over 2! Hers took FOREVER to come in.

Answer by Savedsol at 5:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son has been teething non-stop for about 5 months now. It just depends on how long it takes to cut the tooth. Sometimes, if it's taking a long time it could mean that more than one tooth will break through at the same time, at least that was the case with my son.

• Some babies start teething when they're only a month old but the first tooth might not pop through until they're 6-7 months or even older. My kids started teething at 2 months and got their first tooth at 5 and a half months.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my sons first tooth came in at 4 months and his second at six months. it seemed like forever until it came thru. it was two long months and i think his top right one is starting now. but every baby is diffrent. so you never know. you could ask your parents how long it took you to get an idea.

Answer by Maxsmommy1 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It can take days, weeks or months even. Just depends on the child. My DS started teething at 4 months and didn't cut any teeth until he was 7 1/2 mo old!

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 2:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2008