Rear facing convertible car seat.

I am using the latch installation method, not the vehicle safety belt method. Is it okay if the seat moves slightly left and right when I push on it if the belts are pulled as tightly as they will go? The seat does not move during regular motion of the vehicle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Double check your manual, but I think it will say less than an inch of movement is okay. (ours all did)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• yes that's fine. it's actually supposed to move slightly, that way if you are in a car accident the car seat will get less impact as it would if it was immovable. if that makes any sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• All car seats move a little. Even if you were to face the convertible car seat forward and use the lap belt it would still move a little. As long as it doesn't move enough for your baby to get hurt then it's fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2009