Rear facing convertible car seat. POIG

I am using the latch installation method, not the vehicle safety belt method. Is it okay if the seat moves slightly left and right when I push on it if the belts are pulled as tightly as they will go? The seat does not move during regular motion of the vehicle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Health

• At the point where it is attached to the seat (where the latch goes through) you should not be able to move it left or right more than an inch. If you can, the carseat may not be the right fit. Depending on where you live the highway patrol usually will install it for you. You can give them a call if you cannot get it in tight enough.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I personally would take it to the fire department and have them put it in. It gives you peace of mind.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2009