Have you had problems with your iPod Touch?

I am getting my husband an engraved iPod Touch for one of our 5th anniversary gifts and am not sure whether the service plan is worth it or not. Any help is welcome, thanks.

MamaBuggy

Asked by MamaBuggy at 11:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Shopping

• I've had mine about a year and have had no problems. Just get a case for it since they scratch really easy. I use mine all the time.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• We just got one for my daughter for Christmas.  My husband researched the product and found out that the screen has a tendency to wear out after about a year so we did decided to take out the extended warranty which will cover screen replacement and new headphones.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I agree with the case. Agent 18 is my favorite brand of accessories. We've had no problems here. My Hubby has had to work on my nephews a few times, but I think it was due to the operator. lol
    janellet

Answer by janellet at 2:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I've had my touch for a few months now and no problems so far. Battery replacement alone is worth the cost of the plan. With the touch's features I don't think the battery will last more than a couple of years, especially when I need to charge it every 2 to 3 days from constant use. Depending on how "Apple" savvy your hubby is, he may not need the service plan for technical assistance. I have a 3-year Apple Care plan for my Macbook and so far in 2 years and I haven't needed to use it. However, my brother and brother-in-law have needed work on their laptops, which resulted in Apple replacing and upgrading their computers because of manufacturer defects. So I guess it depends on whether or not you want the peace of mind. IMO.....get the warranty!!
    katiesmommy05

Answer by katiesmommy05 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009