I think I am keeping my baby a baby too long.........

He is 8 months old and he can sit up but doesnt really care to. So no, he isnt anywhere close to crawling or pulling up. I have tried to let him self feed but it just ends up on the floor. He doesnt care for a sippy cup either. He is my last and I dont really encourage him to do these things because I really dont want him to grow up. LOL! But I feel bad because I think he is behind on everything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2012 in General Parenting

• My dd is my last and i encourage her like no other.. if i didn't do with my first I'm not doing it with my last.. i don't want my kids to grow up to fast but it's gonna happen if we like it or not.. you might end up kicking yourself in the butt later for it.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 11:34 AM on Apr. 23, 2012

• My fourth child was like that. He was a big baby, too. He weighed 8lbs, 9 oz. when he was born. He booty-skootched at age 12 months, I think. He never crawled. He started pulling up in his play yard with some encouragement from me at age 14 months. He didn't walk till 18 months. He wanted baby food till about 15 months, too. He took a sippy cup at around 13 or 14 months. That is the complete opposite from my oldest child who is 10 and my youngest child, age 6 months. They are all different. I don't blame you for wanting to hold on, I did too. I was single when I had my 4th and didn't think I'd have anymore. Now I'm married with a 5th. Just let him do what he is capable of doing.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 23, 2012

• Our dd did alot of the same things as HHx5's LO.
    She will be 3 at the end of June and is not behind at all.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 11:45 AM on Apr. 23, 2012

• He's fine. Relax...they all grow up sooner or later.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2012

• i think you are a mother like myself who cares enough to love and worry the whole time you parent :) he will be fine.. love him and follow him for what he needs
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2012

• It is important to let him make a mess and do things for himself. Not that you always have to do these things, but a lot of the time. In general just play with him and give him free time to roll around and time on his tummy.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 8:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2012