WIC formula

We just got WIC (finally after they lost our paperwork!) and my son had been on Enfamil. Now since they give us Good Start we had to switch him and it's made him really gassy. If he's having a problem on a certain formula will they let us switch or is that the only kind of formula they offer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they offer enfamil and u take the unopened cans in with u make a apt and they will switch them for u tell them ur problem
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• In many states, your pediatrician has to write a prescription for a certain formula if it's not what WIC wants to give. My son was on Alimentum, and cuz it's so expensive the pedi had to prescribe it. Call your baby's doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think you need to get a note or script from the pedi.
    Anonymous

• well i had a problem with wic just last week you need to call and talk to them they put my daughter on the nestles when she was on formula too and her poop was a silver gray color like metal and it constipated her i hated it. they told me it was her system getting used to it and not to worry about it. good luck to you
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• When we lived in TX, they did the same thing to us. My son started on Enfamil and then WIC switched their contract to Similac. But if your baby is having a problem I would go to your doc, they will have to write a note or a prescription and then WIC will switch it back.  In MOST states that will be good enough, but in some states they don't honor it.

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 12:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• each state is different.... in illinois they offer enfamil but in iowa they offer similac. when DD was on formula it was the other way around.

most of the time all you need is a prescription from you pedi and WIC will honor it. sometimes they require more
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• if your doc is on your side you shouldnt have a problem im currently trying to do the same good start makes my little one spit up but because she is gaining weight her doc said shes fine
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 12:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Ask them abt Making it Enfamil coz thats what we use and We have WIC but If they don't get a note from the Doctor and they will Change it!
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009