Do u believe in voo-doo and/or santeria?

my mother in law practices santeria and after a family argument my husband and i stoped all communication w/her. I have never told my husband not 2 speak 2 her...on the contrary i always tell him 2 call her bcuz regardless that is his mother! But after we stoped talking my husband and i kept having stupind arguments and my daughter would cry sooooo much through out the night!! Could it be possible that she had something 2 do w/this?

JulieFrancesca

Asked by JulieFrancesca at 4:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in it, but I don't practice it.
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I belive you did right for now. Have you ask JESUS to be your LORD and SAVIOR HE will protect your family if you give JESUS your sin and He will give you the HOLY SPRIT to protect you. listen to www.bbnradio.org they have a free # you can call and talk to them please. 1800.888.7077 week days and working hours. http://www.blueletterbible.org is a good place to study the bible. your friend yovonna :)
    yovonna

Answer by yovonna at 6:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I don't really believe in it but I'am not going to stop talking to a person just because they have a belief in it. Tell him hes just being judgemental and he needs to try to put his shoes in his mom's shoes...he may not agree with what shes doing but he could still spend time with his mother!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I am not sure what you mean by believe in it. It is a real religion. I don't believe it is a malevolent religion. I don't think it is any reason to stop relations with a person. Perhaps you & hubby are fighting because of the tension over severing relations with his mother, even if it is his choice he can feel guilt etc. Whatever the reason for your fighting it is likely that the tension it creates is what has your daughter off balance. Without knowing the woman, we certainly can't tell you if she would attempt to harm your family. You should encourage your husband to quit judging his mother based on her religious choices, perhaps that will solve things.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• well we didn't stop talking because of that...but what happened was that the same night we had the argument my daughter started crying for hours after she was already asleep...and like a week after my husband and i began having problems...i go to church and i take my daughter 2 church and yes i believe in God but I know there's evil out there...
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 7:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• As a witch I can assure you that your MIL can't curse you--at least not for long. She would have to keep up sustained thought and energy and it would do her much more damage than it would you. Cleanse your home with some sage incense. Certainly, the situation is causing negative energy in your home but it likely comes from how you are dealing with that situation. Tensions are inevitable. Let your husband make his own decision about his mother and stop nagging (lots of negative energy in that alone). The negative energy should dissapate. Let things unfold as they are meant to.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I feel for you hun! If you need to talk...iam here for ya!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I think thats a hard situation. I know that i wouldn't want that influence in my life but as a grandmother i would want her to be in my childs life. I would voice your wishes with her and as long as you don't see her influenceing your child then i think it would be okay. There are a lot of people that you don't know practice that, maybe she can be one of those people for your children, if thats what you want. I don't believe in it but everybody has their own views.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I think you believe in it so it is effecting your lives. I think if you can work through things with your MIL it may just bring peace and resolution. I doubt she would put spells or use her methods to harm eithe of you, but part of this situation is you are giving her power and you are worried.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I choose to focus on the fact that you attend church and are a Christ believer, so I would approach my church family and ask for their prayers and encouragement. It is unfortunate that your husband has had an misunderstanding with his mother, but that has to be his choice to try to communicate with her, again. You can be there to encourage him, though, when he does. I also have a MIL that believes in the practise of voodoo and we sat down with her and set our boundries with her when it comes to her beliefs and our beliefs. I don't feel any grandmother would place anykind of "hex" on her grandchild because she is upset with her son. Pray for your husband and when he is comfortable about approaching his mother, again, he will. Focus on being positive for him and allow him to talk about the situation with a listening ear, but no advise. This will build back your relationship with him, which is the most important thing =)
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2008