Easy Finger Foods

Hi All- please give me some ideas for easy finger food for my baby girl- 10 1/2 months, she has her two top front and bottom front teeth with more on the way..

She already eats cheerios, puffs, cheese cubes, cooked frozen carrots, cooked potato cubes, 3rd foods (which I'd like to avoid) from Gerber, bread/toast, pasta in low sodium broth, cut up chicken nuggets and fish sticks.. but I'd like more ideas. She also eats raisins, but after I saw her un-digested raisins-turned-grapes, I may lay off them for a bit.

They need to be easy to prep for daycare and dinner time.. our schedule is CRAZY, thanks all!!

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 12:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Avocados are easy. You just cut them in half, scoop the meat out of the skin and cut them up. They're already soft so you don't have to steam them or anything. Bananas are good too, but too much can cause constipation.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I like your list...I'm going to try a few of those. Mine is 9 mo. and I'm trying to add more finger foods into her diet. Banana is good. Baby Mum Mums are good. How about beans? (Cut in half to avoid choking hazards). Blueberries? Again, cut in half.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You named most of what I give my son.. A few things to add:

1. other types of cereal, such as Kix
    2. tortillas (my son LOVES them).. and even bean burritos
    3. diced apples or pears
    4. animal crackers
    5. graham crackers
    6. saltine crackers (without salt)
    7. puffed cheetos
    lmybo

Answer by lmybo at 12:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My son loves string cheese. I string off a segment and he loves munching on it.
    Mac N Cheese (messy if you let them eat it themselves)
    Yobaby Yogurt- it's made with whole milk and all organic- my son loves these!
    xfairykissx

Answer by xfairykissx at 2:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2009