single moms....

Feel free to answer anon....if your a single mom, how much do you make for a living, and what do you usually get back for taxes?? This is my first year as a single mom and I am just curious :) Thanks ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• The amount you get back is going to depend on how many dependents you claim. The higher the number, the less they take from each pay check, but the less you get back at the end of the year... and though federal is regulated the state amounts vary by quite a bit. When I was in CA my state tax refund was always so much smaller than my federal, but in CO I got back more than the fed.

I know this isn't really the answer to your question, but it should help give you an idea.
    A bit of advice, remember to file as head of 'household' not as 'single'.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 1:04 AM on Jan. 29, 2009