No greater joy then being a mother:)

I was thinking that I have not enjoyed anything more then being a mom. I look at my life and see how much my life and changed and love it! Times are sometimes hard, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Do you feel this way? Or would you rather never of had a child?

CorCorsmomma

Asked by CorCorsmomma at 12:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm in the in-between stage where I'm still mourning the loss of my before-baby lifestyle. But yet I can't imagine life without my daughter. (She's a month old today.)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I never even think about life before my ds. It just seems so empty and meaningless now. Having him was the best thing that ever happened to me. It makes life simpler because there's no question about what your main priority is.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Nothing has brought greater meaning or joy to my life than having my son. Everything seems to have a purpose now. I have a purpose now.. I guess I didn't feel that way before. I feel as if I have worth when I didn't before, and everything I do is for my son. I actually know the meaning of true love now.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 12:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I agree with you corcorsmomma. There are moments where our children test us and even the world tests us as mothers but I wouldn't give it up for the world. I live for my children. How empty my life was without them. Now I am at the stage of letting go to having more children and now embracing the chapter where you watch them grow up and bloom. My oldest will be in 7th grade next year. I will still never forget about rocking her and singing our song "baylow byelow". Enjoy them! Have a great day:)
    Anonymous

• It's the best thing ever... when I think of pre-Lily life, I sometimes feel a loss for the freedom, but even more, an intense gratefulness for her. We're selfish (in retrospect) before we have children. I guess I think they make us grow up and realize our full potential as human beings.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm with caitrawks. I sometimes miss seeing my friend and going dancing. I think about those times a lot but it isn't worth not having my baby.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I don't miss a thing...my daughter is a Jr in HS and I am so sad to think next year will be her last with me.....I don't miss dancing or anything...life is so much better with a child in it.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I loved it for the most part. I will be woman enough to admit that having two kids under 3 at 42 has been harder and I don't enjoy them as babies as much as I did my first three. I love them all though and would not trade them for the world.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2009