do you ever wish?

Do you ever wish your grocery store had a drive through. I hate it when all I have to get is milk or butter or something and I have to go to the store with my 19 month old and my 3 year old by my self. I have to bundle them up because it is winter in Maine then I have to get them in and out of the car for 1 thing. It is such a pain. I think it would be great to have a drive through at the grocery store for situations like this.

joleensboys

Asked by joleensboys at 12:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Most grocery stores that deliver have a minimum purchase amount. You have to spend so much before they'll deliver and on top of that they charge a delivery fee. Not worth it when you only need one thing. I think it would be a great idea to have curbside service. You could call ahead and tell them what you need and they bring it out to your car. THAT would be great.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• it's funny, where I used to live, there was a drive through convenience store :) you could get simple things like milk, eggs, soda, butter, bread etc. it was nice. It didn't last long though... :o(
    Anonymous

• You would love it here. We have a dairy not far from me. You can drive up and get pretty much any dairy product as well as bread. Drive thrus rule when you have kids in the car.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• There is a drive-through convenience store in the town I went to college in. I loved it, but it was over priced!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• oh that would be great!
    joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 12:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Oh my goodness, I so wish that!! Especially being from Maine myself I know what you mean!! That would be the BEST thing in the world. Except they would definatley have to have limits though, like you can only have less than 5 items or something...Or call ahead with your list so you can just drive up and pick it up??
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 12:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I usually wait until we need more then a few thing before I go to the store. The small things we run out of I go get when dh is home from work or when I can have someone help watch the littler kids.

Answer by gemgem at 12:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Oh definitely!!! I would totally love that and it would really cut down on my extra spending!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I do the same as gemgem. Whenever we need milk or formula I wait until my baby's dad gets home so that I can pick something up. I hate going to the store with my baby, such a hassle.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Some grocery stores deliver. Check and see if there are any where you live.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2009