Should I tell my ex good friends husband, who was also a friend, that she is cheating on him with no plans to stop?

I was good friends with a woman for nearly a year. I was also friends with her husband. He had concerns that she might be cheating on him, and he had asked me point blank. I of course, said no because his wife and I were such good friends. She has been cheating on him since before they were even married. The woman and I are no longer that close(she actually judged me for being single and dating! go figure) and lately I have had this feeling that I should tell him. He was such a good guy and I feel bad because she has been carrying on this relationship for a long time with no plans to stop. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• A good friend would!
    Anonymous

• I would def tell her, wouldn't you want someone to tell you?
    Anonymous

• Just so everyone's clear its not the husband cheating on my ex friend. It's her who's cheating on him.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure it'll be a hard blow to him, but like someone else said, wouldn't you want to know if your husband was cheating on you? Also, if she's been cheating since before they got married and shows no signs of stopping, why is she even still married to him? Poor guy!
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 5:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• why not set up a situation where he can find out on his own? If you tell him now then he'll know you lied before which diminishes your credibility. It also might look like you are being vindictive bc you two are not good friends anymore. I told another woman recently to plant the seed (her cheating) and let him tend the garden and reap the harvest. That way no one shoots the messenger.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I agree with admckenzie. If you tell him, it could backfire in your face and then YOU would be the bad guy. Find another way to clue him in without telling him directly.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2008