I"m 34 weeks and was wondering about going swimming in a lake. I know they say you can swim until your water beaks but is there a difference in being allowed to swim in a lake verses a pool?

stephmiester87

Asked by stephmiester87 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm almost 34 weeks and i've been swimming in the gulf for all of my pregnancy. I wouldn't think that a lake would be much different. I say anything that keeps you cool
    cherrypop192001

Answer by cherrypop192001 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I asked my mother, She says, Besides normal risks of swimming in a lake, she says no it doesnt make a difference.
    Why_Be_Normal

Answer by Why_Be_Normal at 5:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Swim til your hearts content!
    Autumnlove

Answer by Autumnlove at 6:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• it wont make a difference... we go fishing alot and i'll wade out into the water and i've had no problems... (if in doubt, ask your dr.)
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 12:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• when preggo my OB told me he preferred if I swim to do so in lakes and slow rivers. He was uncomfortable with the amount of chemicals in pools. He also told me after 24 weeks he did't want me in the ocean surf. Because your center of gravity is changed an the risk of injury becomes greater from the power of waves.
    Anonymous