what should i feed?

My DD is 7mos old, teething but nothin yet. Im not sure where to go with her feeding though. For breakfast she eats 2tblsp of cereal (or oatmeal) 1 cont of stage 2 fruit and a 4oz bottle. Lunch bottle and veg (if shes that hungry) and dinner 4 oz bottle 2tblsp cereal veg and (if she eats a few bites) of meat. Bottles in between but i hear moms with children my LO age and they are feeding so much more. I tried juice as a snack but she hates it! She will not drink it at all. What else/how much/how often can i give her more foods? shes going through this rolling around and not sleeping as well but i dont think shes hungry cause when i try to feed her she forces the bottle out of her mouth? Please help new mom here!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she seems satisfied and content I wouldn't force her to eat more. Every baby is different and every mom uses a different feeding schedule. My daughter is 10 mos. old and she nurses first thing in the morning then an hour and 1/2 later has cereal w/ fruit & some juice. After her nap she nurses again then another hour and 1/2 after that she has 1/2 jar of stage 3 veg and some water. After her second nap she nurses again and then awhile later has 1/3 jar Stage 3 dinner combo meal. And then she nurses right before bed. If your child is satisfied don't change her feedings based on what other moms are doing. It's what works for you and your daughter. And the rolling around not sleeping could be due to teething. My daughter went through a short stage like that when her teeth were breaking through. I think you're doing a great job new mommy!
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 12:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I agree with princess every kid is different, if she is happy the don't change it. I would try diluting the juice with water, that may help. We use the gerber because it has less sugar and I think my son likes the flavor better than juicy juice.
    holpar

Answer by holpar at 2:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009