Why do some mother's not vaccinate?

When my son was a baby I got all his shots on schedule because I was young and never read up on them but now that I have a 9month old and the internet lol I keep reading that I should not vaccinate or wait to but I'm still confused so I would like some of you momma's tell me why or why not you choose to vaccinate! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I vaccinate my daughter because children can die from the diseases they are not vaccinated against. It's that simple. I'm not willing to risk it.
    Anonymous

• I chose to vaccinate because I believe it protects against disease. I was fully vaccinated, as well as most people I know and they all turned out fine. A lot of people think it causes things like autism, which may be linked to other factors as well. My 2 kids are vaccinated and on time and they are A-ok!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i got my kids vaccinated i knew they needed them so i got them
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Well, some will say that they cause autism other will say that they don't-I am sure that you can find all of this online.

I believe that vaccinating IS important because if you have looked into history, many people died from these diseases and many of the diseases are practically gone and people are afflicted with them as common as they used to bc of these vaccines.

But some people don't see it that way-soon there will be too many kids not vaccinated and things are already starting to pop up in certain areas from parents being against vaccinating.

A lot of parents feel that they think that since all the other kids are vaccinated that their child should be fine. I don't believe in piggy backing on another kids vaccines thinking that yours will be fine.
    Anonymous

• I chose to not vaccinate (or at least delay) my daughter once I discovered all the ingredients that are in them. My sons were vaccinated, & I believe they did have an effect on them.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I chose not to vaccinate because children are harmed or either die from vaccinations. You have more of a chance from getting harmed by the vaccines than you do the diseases.

I'm not against mommies who do vax but I just feel it is dangerous.
    Please look groups on here that are against vaccines and it will tell you A LOT!
    Anonymous

• We haven't vaccinated at all yet. I believe that vaccines do more harm then good in an infant. Your injecting your child with toxins, and inactivated virus' at such a ridiculous rate at a time when their immune systems are trying to develop, thus overloading their immune system and many kids get hurt because of this. My daughter is two and we are deciding if we are going to vaccinate at all. Many of the disease aren't life threatening and can be easily treated. While the disease are still around, medical care has gotten a lot better, as have sanitary conditions. Over vaccinating is what is allowing diseases to mutate and be stronger, similar to antibiotic overuse and MRSA.

Our vaccine schedule is awful and just looking at the health of our children you can see the negative effects. There are plenty more childhood illness and problems in this day and age and I am positive vaccines have contributed to that fact.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm going to delay his MMR shot because getting it too early has been linked to autism. Some mother's choose not to vaccinate because they think it's unnatural, can cause ADHD and autism, and a lot of other reasons. There's some good websites, but I'm sure you've already googled it. I think most vaccines are more beneficial than harmful though. I wish they had the chicken pox vac when I was a baby so I wouldn't have had to get them when I was 18!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Vaccines aren't even proven to have long term effects so they don't protect you throughout your whole childhood and not even at all in your adulthood.
    Anonymous

• YES ANON 12:51 BECAUSE OF US MOMS WHO DO VACCINATE TO KEEP YOUR KIDS SAFE!
    Anonymous