Tell what age should I keep my daughter in her crib?

hmr.jenkins

Asked by hmr.jenkins at 5:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Until she starts climbing out. I transferred my daughter a little before she was two, but that's because we have to have the crib ready for the new baby later this year. I've heard of moms keeping their kids in the crib till 3, so whatever works for you and her.
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 5:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• i was going to say the same thing. lol! good luck!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• yeah i was about to say that yeah when she can get out it is time for a toddler bed and honestly my daughter is 2 and i have her in a twin bed with a gaurd and she does well so it depends on your child and how he or she develops
    angelblue665

Answer by angelblue665 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Hi I had to take mine out sooner and sooner from the first, it never failed the older ones would always take them out and I was scared to have them fall, the youngest I took mine out of the crib was 8 months, just because I thought she was going to get hurt:)
    Kadiddlehopper

Answer by Kadiddlehopper at 5:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My daughter was 2 1/2 when we switched her crib to a toddler bed. She never tried to get out of the crib, but I felt that she was ready, especially since we wanted to start night time potting training.
    Good Luck!
    Hippohappy

Answer by Hippohappy at 8:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I try to switch at 16 month old and he wasn't ready. I couldn't put him in the bed until he was completely asleep. So, it really depends on your child, but I would say probally by the time they are two would be good.
    jenniferplumley

Answer by jenniferplumley at 8:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• When she starts climbing out is the usual time.

If you think she is too young at that point, try a crib tent to keep her from climbing out. That's what we did. My DD was trying to climb out at 14 months and there was NO WAY I wanted a 14 month old wandering the house alone while I was asleep.

Other than that, you can keep them in the crib until they exceed the weight limit for your crib. It won't hurt them or stunt their growth or mean they will be high school drop-outs... they truly don't care where they sleep.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I switched my daughter at 15 months whoch was when I came in the room and she was standing on my desk that was next to her bed. She will let you know when she is ready.
    Kaitlynsmom1106

Answer by Kaitlynsmom1106 at 9:14 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• My daughter is 21 months and we are in the process of switching her, letting her take naps in the big bed and get used to it right now. we still put her in the crib at night right now. but we are close. I think it all depends on the child. They most always give you sure signs.
    KEHMom

Answer by KEHMom at 12:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2008