Anyone wonder this?

Do you think the rise in autism over the past few years is linked to the rising use of cell phones and other electromagnetic waves such as wireless networking??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Health

• Hahahaha. No I don't, at all.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm sure it's a possibility.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think it's a little bit of every thing
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think that it has a lot to do with other enviromental triggers and wouldn't be at all surprised if in a few years they blame plastic materials
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I saw a whole segment on TV that autism is related to all the vaccines they are giving the kids now a days. Who knows what's really causing it, but it's infuriating.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 12:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• No. Personally, after having worked with Autistic children and doing a lot of research, I think Autism is just diagnosed more often now, because we actually know what it is. Years ago, no one knew anything about mental development. If a child was born different, or "strange" they were hidden away and nobody talked about. Today, there isn't as much of a stigma when it comes to mental disabilities, and more people are coming forward to Find out what is wrong and how they can fix it.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Or just a random genetic mutation...
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 3:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2009