Phantom pain?

For the past few years, if anyone touches my right side- waist area- I clinch as if I am in pain, but do not actually feel pain. I was checked out a few years ago, and the DR asked if I always flinched like that, and I said yes. But then someone else (non DR) asked if it started after I had my son by c-section. And it actually didn't start until afterwards. Does anyone have an idea as to what could the problem be?? I plan on going to the DR in a few weeks regardless to get checked out, but if it seems to be more urgent, then I will insist on getting in sooner. This has been going on for just over 4 years. And my first DR is the main reason why I never went back in before, with his thinking it was nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Health

• So are you having pain or not? By reading what you wrote, you're just flinching but aren't having pain? Is it more like a nerves thing? Like when you're touched there your nerves are sensitive and you tense up?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I flinch as if I am in pain, but I do not actually feel pain.
    Anonymous

• Nothing else?? I will have to wait for my DR appt. then.. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2009