Needing a recipe for something quick

Ok, started work today and needing a recipe thats quick! :)
Please list some, ladies... :)

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Can you be more specific? Are you looking for lunch? Dinner? What do you have on hand? There are a zillion quick recipes, but without a starting point, it's a little hard to point you in the right direction.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Dinner...
    As of now, I have nothing in my fridge...going to the store...
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Well spaghetti is always fast...but if you want something more substantial, there's a lot of dishes you can throw together and have on the table in half an hour or so. If you can get a rotisserie chicken at your store, that makes it even easier. You can have the chicken and make some mashed potatoes, or you can take all the chicken off the bone and make bbq chicken wraps with tortillas, or you can make chicken & biscuits. Just thicken some chicken broth with a roux or slurry, season to taste, add the chicken meat and some frozen veggies (roasted potatoes, a veggie mix). Top with biscuit dough (in dollops, not covering the entire top) and bake for about 15-20 min on 375* til the biscuits are cooked through.
    Sloppy joes, tacos, chicken & rice, stroganoff are all pretty quick too. If you have Trader Joe's near you, they have thin sliced sirloin in a vac-pac and that is great for a quick stir fry or stroganoff.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• cont..
    For stroganoff, get beef (the thin stuff I mentioned, or ground beef, or steak you can slice thin), beef broth, onion bouillon, parsley, sour cream, and noodles. Brown the beef. When it's all browned, add in a couple tablespoons of flour (you can add 1/2 packet of beefy onion soup mix if you have it for added flavor) then add a couple 2-3 cups of beef broth, and some onion bouillon, s&p. Simmer for a few minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat, whisk in 1/2 cup sour cream and a couple tbsp of parsley. Serve over cooked egg noodles. It takes about 15 min all told once the water is boiling for the noodles.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Another quickie dinner is stir-fry. Get whatever meat you want...most stores will even slice it for you if they have a meat department. I used pork and chicken when I made it last night. Get a bag of broccoli slaw, a bag of shredded carrots, a can of sliced water chestnuts, and a package of sugar snap peas. This way, all the veggies are the right size, so no extra work for you! Well, if you want to add green onions, you'll have to slice those, which I do, because I love the flavor. You can make an excellent stir fry sauce by combining equal parts hoisin sauce, oyster flavored sauce, and soy sauce. If you like sweeter sauce, use 4 tbsp brown sugar, 4 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp oyster sauce, and 3 tbsp cornstarch in 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, then serve over the stir-fry and rice.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Chicken pot pie.....2 deep dish pie shells, can of cream of chicken soup (or mushroom), can of chicken breast, can of mixed veggies.....combine it all, place in one pie shell and flip the other one over on top (removed from pan)....bake until brown and crispy... serve w/ salad or mashed potatoes.
    For a twist.....I use Broccoli & cheese soup, w/ chicken, frozen broccoli and cauliflower pieces, make the same way.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm making grilled london broil with chimichurri sauce (recipe on foodtv.com, so easy & good), and grilled shrimp for dinner. Surf & turf kinda.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2009