Question about bumpy skin

DD's thighs are really bumpy. Kinda like a heat rash but its there all the time. She gets a bath every other day to every three days. I wash her with dove soap. I use free & clear baby laundry soap. Any idea what it could be?

aussiesmummie

Asked by aussiesmummie at 12:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is probley um....a yeast infection take her to ur doctor
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• If it is just the thighs it could be the diapers. My son was allergic to certain brands of diapers (weird I know) He is also allergic to laundry soap unless it is free of dyes, and he is allergic to Johnson & Johnson baby wash. We have to use Aveeno. Maybe it is the diapers or the Dove soap?? Its not the laundry soap if it is free and clear because it has no dyes or scents. Try changing the soap you wash her with??
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 1:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Not the diapers I use cloth diapers on her and they are made out of organic material. It could be the soap Ill try using something else on her and see how she does with that.
    aussiesmummie

Answer by aussiesmummie at 1:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• my son has the exact same problem! red bumpy dry patches on his legs that dont itch or anything... i bathe him every 3 days as the doctor suggested and nothing worked!

So I started exfoliating his legs (using a wash cloth and califorinia baby wash) and the blotted him with the towel not rub him, and then AQUAPHOR
    two days later they were gone and haven't come back!
    lilmamaxx

Answer by lilmamaxx at 1:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My son has the same thing.. i was worried but doc said it is just VERY sensitve skin... and theres not much you do for it other then lotion and stuff... she also told me to do baths eery other day and lotion 3 times a day whihc has helped.. also use sensitve skin detrgetn on her clothes.. another thing it could be is exemea maybe just give your doc's office a call and see what think.. good luck moma
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009