desperate, 19 years old and cannot seem to shed my baby weight =/

im 19 and have an 7 1/2 month old daughter. ive tryed everything from "special juices to pills to good old fashion diet and exercise. nothing works and now it's starting to effect my love life. i dont think my SO thinks im attractive anymore. we usually make love everyday (always been like that) and now its like twice a week maybe. i dont know what to do. im not happy with my weight, i dont think he is and im just not happy. help, anything?

sarrrr13

Asked by sarrrr13 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• If you truly have tried diet and exercise, then I'd say it's probably genetics and you're not going to lose the weight. I'm sorry to say that, but for some people they just never lose it.
    Anonymous

• If you are truly eating health foods (not diet foods) but actual health foods grown out of the earth and truly exercising then there is no way you can't lose the weight. You have to be consistent with it. You can't just do it for a little while and quit because you can't see the results. It's a life style change. If your exercising 3-5 days a week consistently and eating 3 healthy means and 3 healthy snacks a day then you will lose the weight. It sounds like you haven't really put effort in to it. You have to keep doing it!
    Anonymous

• I looked at your picture. It shouldn't be that hard for you to lose weight if you do what I said above. Genetics doesn't matter. Some people are prone to get heavy due to genetics but that does not mean they can't lose it. Several overweight people (much bigger than you) have lost tons of weight. Watch the biggest loser
    those people are WAY bigger than you and some get down to a size 5 by the time it's over with. Just by exercising and eating right.
    Anonymous

• Try not to worry about your SO thinking you're less attractive, most guys are pretty understanding of what your body just went through. I think the problems with your love life might be stemming from your self-esteem.

Try not to judge by your clothing size, because your hips are probably wider and that may not change. Babies weaken muscles and stretch them and skin. Work on toning by doing things like pilates. Make sure water is the primary drink in your diet. Daily exercise, even if it's just taking baby for a walk in the stroller will help you feel better. It took me a long time to lose my baby fat from my first. Don't set unrealistic goals, and don't expect to go back to looking exactly like you did before. It's a slow process sometimes, but keeping a daily exercise routine will pay off in the long run.
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 4:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i bet if u tlked to ur so he would disagree with ur opinions about ur looks. (speaking from personal exerience) it took me a long time to loose ne weight from my first child.... i would suggest u join sparkpeople.com it is a website that is devoted just to ppl wanting to loose weight. completely free. and they have so many articles that will answer any healthy questions u may have. also water will help u loose lots of weight. i agree w/ bltcahill. u want to build back muscle mass by doing strength training like pilates, yoga, nething pretty much
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009