Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you do when your ex husband will not let you see the kid?

he always said that they can't go over cause they been fighting with his new girlfriend kids, but he dont tell the girlfriends kids nothing for fighting with our children.

Answer Question

Asked by jackie240 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Take him to court. If you have a custody agreement that includes visitation he is violating it. If you don't have visitation you need the court to award it to you.

    Answer by nysa00 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • His first responsibility is to his kids. I would remind him that they kids came before the girlfriend and that you would prefer him making time alone with them, without her. I would pursue this argument to an attorney and ask for the custody agreement be changed to you having total custody and he could have visitation right, in your presence or another reliable adults presence. Your children deserve to be loved and feel loved and they are better with you and without a father that is only thinking of himself and his girlfriend.

    Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • As a Step parent/ girlfriend with one of my own kids with my Guy, I am not understanding your question! He wont let you see the kid? Which kid? But wont let them go where? Thats all too confusing! And just cause you dont see whats happening behind the pictures, dosent mean something isn't!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Jul. 23, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.