7 month old cries all night

My 7 month old wakes up at least 3 times a night every night. The only thing that will calm her to sleep is a bottle. How do I get her off the bottle and sleeping better at night. Furthermore, how do I know when there is something wrong with her? I keep thinking she is teething but its going on 2 months and no top teeth. I need some sleep. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you giving her cereal before she goes to bed? She may need more then a bottle now.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• my son wants a bottle at least once in the night he is 9 months one they turn one i think is when u get a better break for there eating more solids try to give him more of his cereal before bed or more bottle
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Take her to bed with you.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• She doesnt like to eat jar food. How do I get other foods in her diet when she wont open her mouth to eat?
    Anonymous

• my ds had the same problem for awhile.. cereal in the bottle atnight (whihc my pdei said is JUST FINE TO DO!) helped him TONS! it could be teeth too.. they move around before the pop through and that hurts just as much try nightime orajel before bed.. and if she seems extra cranky let her sleep with you at least shell be sleepin.. if this doesnt work bring in to the doc.. maybe theres a problem your not seeing.. does she seem like somethings hurting.. good luck momma!
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• At 7 months if she's not eating solids, my first guess would be that she's hungry. You could try pureeing your own food. Or give her really mushy things like bananas cut up really small, some baked sweet potato (plain), things she can squash with her gums. I feel for you - my DD is 9 months and has been a great sleeper until this past week. Either a cold or teething (or both). I miss my sleep!
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Around 7 months my son would get up in the middle of the night and take a 6oz bottle then it went to 3oz now he is teething and won't take one but cereal may help too, but even with a cereal bottle he was getting up in the middle of the night. May just be a growth spurt.
    holpar

Answer by holpar at 1:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009