Does anyone else suffer from Fibromyalgia?

I am a long time sufferer of this sort of illusive "illness". I basically have a lot of stress which causes tension in the muscles around my neck, shoulders and head, which causes migraines and chronic pain, which causes depression, which causes stress.....and so on. I was taking Effexor, which helped, but I am breastfeeding and would like a drug free solution. I have tried accupuncture but its way too expensive and it only worked for about 15 minutes. Does anyone else suffer? What worked for you? Over the counter pain meds don't even make a dent.

missv66

Asked by missv66 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Health

• I had it, but after my life situation improved and I got on meds to help with the depression, it completely went away. I haven't suffered from it in 8 years. I find a direct correlation between being depressed or unhappy and having the symptoms.
    Anonymous

• Also, I take Effexor, and if you were on it when you were pregnant, then your baby got more of it that way than through breastmilk, so I wouldn't worry. I breastfed my daughter while I was on it and she is happy and healthy.
    Anonymous