I'm a 20 year old, stay at home mom and I'm bored out of my mind. I need friends! How do I find them if I'm not in school right now?

I stay at home everyday with my 3 month old son, and although I love him, he's not the best conversation maker. I feel like I am slowly slipping into depression because I have no one to talk to during the day. Do other mom's feel this way? How do I make friends who have kids? I need to find some way to make friends close to where I live, so we could get together. I live in central Ohio and I am out of ideas...

cdanielle407

Asked by cdanielle407 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The YMCA. There are places that sometimes offer scholarships to that place. So you would have to ask. You might call the medicare office or the WIC office about what it. It would be a good place to meet other mothers. ALSO if your mall has a little play place then go there. You can talk with other moms and your little guy can watch the other kids and see all the bright colors. He doesnt have to play to have fun. We go to our mall play place a few times a week to play. Its great when it's cold. I get to talk to other moms and my little boy can play without getting dirty.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 1:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I hear you totally im at home with 3 little ones all day now just had a baby last monday and have one in school!! I moved away from all my friends and family and i dont have any close friends here and my BF is gone all the time.... Its hard making friends when you have little ones!! I too feel like im getting depressed cause i dont have anyone to talk to or hang out with, but as sad as it is Cafe Mom has helped that alot!! I dont have any tricks or ideas for you but i do know what your going through!!

scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Do a 'Mom Search' on here. You will be surprised how many people you find right in your area. I have formed some great friendships on here and have helped me feel like I am part of the world despite being home with a baby all day.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I completely understand how you feel! I couldn't find any play groups in my area, so I'm starting one myself with the help of a local Church. Maybe that would work for you?
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Find play dates in your area, go to the library when they have kid related happenings. Check out the moms in your area here on CafeMom and PM them!
    PracticalMagick

Answer by PracticalMagick at 1:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• OMG I feel the same way. If you have a mall in your area they may have a play-scape. The YMCA is a good idea. Maybe check your local library to see if they have story time. Ummm look for groups here on cafemom or on yahoo. See if your local community college has any continuing ed classes or your local craft store has a class you want to take.

Just for a laugh here are a couple comics to make you feel better

http://www.babyblues.com/junk_drawer/panel4.htm

http://www.babyblues.com/junk_drawer/panel5.htm

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I hear ya hon. I agree with PracticalMagick, Here in P.A. they have playgroups at a local hospital. So you can make friends and so can your son.
    LND

Answer by LND at 2:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Momma, if I knew that, I'd have more friends, too. LOL. I have been a stay at home mom for years now, and I'm pregnant with our third child. I don't get out much, so I don't run into people. I have a few friends, and my cousin is my best friend. It'd be nice to have more friends, but I have been burned several times so I'm not as trusting as I used to be. I have thought about going to a park after my baby is born. I'm sure there will be other moms who want to hang out, too.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I meet girls in my area off of this site and do play dates. The first time I meet them I just make sure it is in a highly populated area like a resteraunt at lunch time or a gas station. There are a lot of really cool moms on here that share a lot of the same interests I do and have kids around the same age as my little ones. You can do a mom search by going to the "moms" tab and go to "search moms" and type in the info you are looking for. It is a helpful tool on this site:) Good luck! I'd love to hang out but I am in CO:(
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2009