IUD

Has anyone ever had an IUD? I'm going to have one put in next week and just wondering if anyone had any complaints about it that I might need to be aware of.

yaffamommy

Asked by yaffamommy at 1:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Health

• I had the Mirena and I just had it taken out. I had painful intercourse and if I plopped down too hard on the bed or a chair I had a shooting pain. I also had zero sex drive. I will say that I am glad I did it because for about 8 months it was wonderful.
    Anonymous

• I have the paraguard. I'm very happy with it. I would recommend that you take some ibuprofen before your appointment to help with the discomfort of insertion and the cramps that are likely to follow. I have slightly heavier periods than before, but have never had any other problems or effects from it. I've had this one for 2 1/2 years. I had one between babies one and two which worked like a charm for 4.5 years, and I conceived within 48 hours of having it removed.

riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I have the Mirena and haven't had any issues with it. I love the fact that my husband and I have to freedom to be spontaneous now. Good luck!
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 3:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I had the marina befor i got pregnant with my son, i got it removed when we were ready to try again, wheni had it in my hubby said he could feel it, i went to the doc to get the string cut lower, then we had no problems after that when it was removed it took 2 months before i got pregnant.
    armerswife

Answer by armerswife at 9:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2009