help!!!

my baby's dad will take the baby for a week at a time some times and i want to breast feed but not pump a weeks worth can they be on the boob and formula?

josalin

Asked by josalin at 2:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Health

• Yes, but it's fairly difficult. Some of them simply won't take the boob after having a bottle for long periods of time. Also, it's pretty hard on their system.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Certainly. I used powdered formula. I used Parents Choice milk based but they have soy too. The first time he is gone you may not have enough pumped so you can do the powdered. The next time he goes you can send what you pumped while he was gone the first time. It freezes for 1-3 mos depending on your freezer. Before he goes though I would have someone try him a few times w/ the formula to make sure he tolerates it. At least 1-2 bottles a day for 2 -3 days that way you kinda know if he has probs or not. Good Luck!
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2009