im 5 months pregnant////

its been 10 years since i had a baby is it normal for me to be scared and exited at the sametime that im having a baby?

jackie240

Asked by jackie240 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Personally, IMO, i believe it's completely normal to be "happily terrified", lol! Congrats on your new baby! and good luck~~~
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Absolutely normal. I have a 7 mo. old and my last baby before her was 8.5 years ago. Even though I had been a mom 3 times before, I was still scared and nervous. Once you have the baby and take it home though, it will seem like old hat!
    Autumnlove

Answer by Autumnlove at 6:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Of course it is totally natural to be excited and scared =) I remember buying the pregnacy test for my last pregnacy and I was shaking all over! I was 41 and was terrified I was TOO OLD to have another baby. Well, the pregnacy test was positive! After seeing the results and getting past the initial shock, I cried...happy and scared tears! Today I look back on this moment and laugh because I have an awesome 3 year old boy and I feel younger now than I did when I was 36 and pregnate with #3!
    Your welcome to email me anytime for encouragement!!
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My life was turned upside down when I became pregnant with my 1 year old. In a good way, though. In the year before I got preggo my fiance and his son moved in with me and my 2 boys. It was a huge change. Not to mention the big V my SO scheduled a few weeks before I peed on the stick! I was so scared.... 35, not wanting any more babies, settling in to our new living arangements. The pregnancy was not so bad, but I was so scared of labor. And I knew what to expect! Once we got used to the idea, it was pretty much smooth sailing. Our son is the best thing that could have happened to our family. He brought us all closer together, especially the big boys. Still, I was scared. I didn't want to still be raising my babies in my 50s. I really thought I'd be done. Now I'm looking forward to it. Its so much more relaxing to have a baby now. I'm not scared of everything. I know a lot more than I did when my first 2 were born, from my own and others experiences. Its much easier.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I have 2 kids, 11 and 8 and I am 32 weeks pregnant. I wasnt trying to get pregnant and wound up being pregnant with twins! I am in the same boat. Happy, scared, nervous, excited, all of it.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 5:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2008