babys first food?

so my MIL shes kind of a health nut and i dont listen to her usually cause well sometimes i think shes a bit crazy lol.
But besides that she read somewhere and im not sure where that instead of giving your baby rice cearel first their first food should be Papaya i guess it said its easier to digest for them. Now i guess it kind of makes since i mean of course its easier to digest fruit verses rice but has anyone else heard this? If so can you feel me in there must be more to it. thanks ladies

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've heard that Avocado is a better first food. Thats what we gave our baby. We cut it with expressed breast milk, because it is a little thick and rich.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I always thought you are suppose to give babies fruit last. Something about if you give it to them first they will develop a sweet tooth. That is just what I remember hearing somewhere, I didn't have to worry about it because my dd hated and still does fruit (anthing sweet as a matter of fact)!
    Anonymous

• With what every culture does, and what everyone says, one thing is for sure every baby is different. With you being the mommy, do what you feel is best. Do not let others push you now, or it will never end. :)
    hoopys19

Answer by hoopys19 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Our pediatrician told us to give fruits last. He said do rice, oatmeal, vegetables, and then in a few months do fruit.
    Anonymous

• avocados are a great first food.

just do your own research and decide what is best for you.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I don't know....never heard that. But then I just went in alphabetical order.......
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2009