• In the Spotlight:

What are you doing to get rid of your Toys Stock before the CPSC law on the 10th?

On Feb 10th (most) children’s items will be illegal to sell or RESELL online or even in yard sales because of the new CPSC Law. This is NOT a Recall.

What are you doing to get rid of your Toys Stock before the 10th?
I'm just going to give away the rest of my Toys. To sweeten the pot I'm also running a Club Penguin Gift Card contest. At this point I just want the rest of the stock out of my house.

What are you doing to get rid of your Toys Stock?
And are you making money from it?

I had to delete my last question because of some belligerent Anonymous poster w/o clue!
Before you post, I spoke with my Senators Office This MORNING! I also have a retailers license and use wholesalers – I know of which I speak. Don’t bother posting Anonymous, no one takes those post seriously.

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 2:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• I wasn't aware of any of this until I saw your post. I'm so glad I got out of Ebay sales!
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Just to clarify - this is just for toys?

Any idea how this will impact eBay?

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• There is a 917 page document on the CPSC and eBay, I'll search for the link.
    And no, it's not just toys, it is anything for children ages 12 and under.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Oh and if you make handmade items for children, your screwed! Sorry, but it's true.
    If you resell clothing, you're probably going to be just fine. There isn't a lot of lead in clothing. However, toys are a big deal.
    It is best to get your info from the CPSC site directly: http://www.cpsc.gov/about/cpsia/faq/
    However, this is the best forum and these people really break it down: http://www.auctionsellersmotivators.com/forum/index.php/topic,10904.0.html
    That is the topic so you don't have to search for it.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Here is the link I was looking for: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09086.html

Quote" The new safety law does not require resellers to test children’s products in inventory for compliance with the lead limit before they are sold. However, resellers cannot sell children’s products that exceed the lead limit and therefore should avoid products that are likely to have lead content, unless they have testing or other information to indicate the products being sold have less than the new limit. Those resellers that do sell products in violation of the new limits could face civil and/or criminal penalties."

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• That's not good news! My baby's toys are from Craig'slist. We can't pay full price for all the toys so we buy good used. I guess I better stock up.
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm giving away all my toys for free stuckathomemom.com/freestuff
    Just copy that into your browser, I'm listing them as I type.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009