contractions?

im 30 weeks and having contractions, Is this bad?.... i have been keeping an eye on them and i have not had more than 3 in an hour. I this bad though? could i go early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They are most likely braxton-hicks. If they get more intense and are 5 minutes apart for a consistent hour, then call your doc or go to the emergency room. When I had mine I thought it was labor and I was sure I was going to have my baby, but when I got real contractions that hurt in my belly and made me feel like puking, I knew. They were regular for 2 days about every 6 minutes and felt like an incredible amount of pressure in my crotch, then I knew the others had been fake. The braxton hicks were a mild rolling (like a wave from the sides to the middle of my belly) and slight tightening in my belly and a little backache. But believe me, if you are having real contractions, you will know it. :) Good luck!
    blue-eyedmama

Answer by blue-eyedmama at 3:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• u should go in to the doctor now they will stop ur labor if u shouldn't have it now go in right now please
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 2:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• They are probably just your braxton-hicks. You should go for a walk and see if they stop. Otherwise if they get closer together, you'd better call your doc.
    Onatthia

Answer by Onatthia at 2:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• they r the fakies! walk around for a while go to the mall or something, if they get longer or closer together call ur doctor.
    frisc0b0und

Answer by frisc0b0und at 2:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• braxton hicks
    Anonymous

• i called my doc and she said to count them... if i have 6 or more in an hour than i have to come in. But it seems like when im active...[ cleaning, walking, ect....] it hurts more... when i lay down on my side it isnt as bad....and it doesnt just feel like tightness its like this sharp pain with it....
    Anonymous

• yeah it sounds like braxton hicks.... the sharp pain is your muscles contracting around the baby... my daughter foot caused that with my braxtonhicks.
    frisc0b0und

Answer by frisc0b0und at 2:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009