Smelly dishwasher/disposal!!

We live in a brand new home and the last few weeks we have had a horrible smell in the kitchen. It is coming from either the dishwasher or disposal or both. I have tried bleach, baking soda, vinegar, those plink balls, checked the drain the dishwasher and checked the bottom of the disposal and have found nothing. Yet, every single day it continues to stink and I have to continue to deodorize the house. I have about had it and am all out of answers!!

BraydonsMama262

Asked by BraydonsMama262 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2012 in Home & Garden

• septic or sewer?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2012

• We had that too when we moved in. It turned out that the other people that lived here before did not use the garbage disposal, so there was water and crap that accumulated in the disposal causing a bad smell. We finally had to clean it out by hand and then you can try sanitizing it. Use lemon juice and various citrus peels to freshen it up.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2012

• I think you might have a dead mouse,, I know gross right, have you tried the dishwasher cleanser they make? I would put some drain cleaner down the side of the disposal tonight, and if in the morning the smell isn't gone, it very might be coming from the wall,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2012

• dishwasher cleanser....what is that?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2012

• Call a plumber and have him take apart both and check
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2012