Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What things do our taxes go to other than abortion?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (34)
  • Drama!!!!!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • oH for the love of GOD. I am so not for Abortion but seriously?
    momof030404

    Answer by momof030404 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • Our tax dollars don't pay for abortion, as far as I knew. Planned parenthood is privately funded.
    feesharose

    Answer by feesharose at 2:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • This is a ridiculous question. You really need to do your research before posting garbage like this....Seriously!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • 99% of all federal taxes are used for abortions. The remaining 1% is divided up in things like education, social services, health services, infrastructure, defense, etc.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • Taxes go to everything from paying your kid's teacher in school to fixing potholes in the roads you drive on to your public library. As far as I know they don't pay for abortions.
    pagan_mama

    Answer by pagan_mama at 3:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • Some of it goes to people who can't afford to have babies. Programs such as WIC and welfare.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • i for one can't wait to get my tax return so i can get an abortion. now that obama is president i can finally get one! i wasn't able to get one before but now i finally can.
    (joking, obviously.)
    heatherama

    Answer by heatherama at 3:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • yea this is a little over the top and a rather open ended question, dontya think?

    Taxes goto a vareity of things like Military, Education, roads and infrustructure and also Entitlement Programs (medicare, medicaid, etc)

    Abortion is funded through our tax dollars by those classified under the Hyde Ammendment(so far, anyway by FOCA may expand the use of taxpayer money to fund abortions)

    These days our tax dollars goto even more socialistic type programs like Bank and Corporate Funding.

    So, which direction were you looking to go?
    grlygrlz2

    Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • 99% of all federal taxes are used for abortions. The remaining 1% is divided up in things like education, social services, health services, infrastructure, defense, etc.

    WHATEVER!!! If you're going to state a so called fact and not get laughed at you should probably post the source of your so called fact..LOL
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.