• In the Spotlight:

Best diet plan you have used?

I just had my 2nd baby and I really want to lose at least 40lbs by the swimsuit weather. I can't exercise yet until I get the OK from my Dr. but I can at least start dieting. I'm not breastfeeding so I don't have to worry about that. I have heard of alot of diets out there and I want to know what you ladies have tried and what actually seemed to work? A friend suggested taking a diet pill...I can't remember the name now. But I am willing to try anything right now to lose and look good for my hubby and feel good about myself again. So any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i learned about sparkpeople.com from here. and it has helped me so much. it has a fitness program, and health advice. u can even get a meal plan. the best thing is it's free! i have been doing it seriously for only 3 weeks and have lost 5.5 lbs. and a total of 15 inches all over! it is possibly the best thing i have ever done. plus it is completely healthy. unlike most diet pills. start drinking lots of water. for every ounce u drink, u burn that same amount of calories
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• THE SOUTH BEACH DIET I DIDNT EVEN EXERCISE. I SWEAR BY THIS DIET. NOT NOW THAT IM PREGNANT OF COARSE BUT AS SOON AS THIS BABY COMES OUT I WILL BE RIGHT BACK ON IT. CUTTING THE CARBS REALLY WORKS. AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO FOLLOW THE BOOK, THEN JUST CUT THE CARBS AND THE SODA. THE MAJORITY OF WHAT I ATE WAS .... FRUIT AND A SUGER FREE JELLO CUP IN THE MORNING WITH A CUP OF COFFEE. FOR LUCH I WOULD HAVE SALAD AND FOR DINNER IT WOULD BE SAUTEED CHICKEN OR BEEF WITH TONS OF VEGGIES. FOR SNACKS I WOULD JUST FIND THINGS AT THE GROCERY STORE THAT DIDNT HAVE CARBS IN IT OR IF IT DID IT WOULD BE VERY LITTLE. BUT I SWEAR BY THIS DIET, NOTHING ELSE EVER WORKED FOR ME. BUT CUTTING THE CARBS AND THE SUGAR IS THE BEST WAY TO GO FOR FAST RESULTS. ONCE YOU GET TO THE WEIGHT YOU LIKE THEN SLOWLY PUT CARBS BACK INTO YOUR DIET JUST EAT THEM MODERATLY & THEN START TO EXERCISE
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 6:56 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I am doing a grapefruit diet that I found in Womans World Magazine (GREAT MAGAZINE) by the way..basically it is grapefruit 3 times a day with each meal and oatmeal for breakfast, salad for lunch and low cal dinner...you will see results!!!....anyone else out there to share the grapefruit thing..options or success..???? Good luck!!
    Buffy61

Answer by Buffy61 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• The best diet is whatever you will stick with for the long run. It is proven that most "diets" don't work. Yes, you can lose weight on hundreds of diets, but to keep it off you have to make it a way of life. Easiest for me is low fat, low carb. Eat low fat meats like chicken and fish and lots of vegetables, mostly green ones. Eliminate anything white that has flour in it like breads and pasta. If you have to have either, make sure they are whole wheat, whole grains. Then you have to move more, whether it is excercising or just walking more.
    mypookiesma

Answer by mypookiesma at 3:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2009