Any fun/different songs you sing to your children that you want to share?

I sing to my daughter in both Spanish and English and I would like to have some more. Counting songs, anything!!

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I sing "Your Song" by Elton John to my daughter all the time...it's going to be our "thing", I think. My mom always sang Amazing Grace to me when I was a kid and my dad sang Loch Lomand.

It's awesome that you sing in both Spanish and English =] My boyfriend and I are hoping to do that with the baby, since he speaks Spanish and all. We want her to be as bilingual as possible.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Its not really unique or anything, but I sing You are my Sunshine to my daughter-thats her favorite song.
    Anonymous

• I sing a lot of the regular songs, but use silly words. Like Row Row Row Your Bus, or Twinkle Twinkle Little Kite. Then I try to find even sillier words that rhyme. My son loves it. He thinks it's so funny to correct me as I sing the song.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You know what's so funny caitxrawks she loves the spanish songs so much more!! We sing La Bamba to her all the time . . she loves it!! She laughs and "dances" . . . so sweet!! Do you know any of the songs you will sing her?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i sing alot of fred penner songs from my childhood, my daughter loves them. we also listen to & sing alot of louis armstrong. my daughter's favourite songs are mack the knife & hello dolly.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I sing "Fields of Gold" to my daughter at bedtime. Either that or "What a Wonderful World". We also sing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning". She also likes fun kid's songs like "Boom Boom, Ain't it Great to Be Crazy", "She'll be coming 'round the Mountain", "Down by The Bay".
    We sing all kinds of stuff. She also likes 50's and 60's rock 'n roll that you can really get down to!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Ooh Cait, love Elton John! I used to sing "You'll be blessed" to her when she was in the womb!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• There's one something about chasing all fhe field mice and bop them on the head that is lots of fun, although bit blood thirsty. And another about is it bunnies in a bed and they all roll over and one falls out leaving 4 bunnies (or whatever number is left.)

Oh! And how about: There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o, B I N G O, B I N G O, B I N G O, and Bingo was his name. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. B I N G clap, B I N G clap, and so forth, dropping a letter and adding claps as the verse is repeated. At the end it is all claps.

Answer by Bmat at 3:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You could sing, "Ten Little Indians" in Spanish. I used to sing, "Pajarito" to my kids.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 3:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I sing Uno, Dos y Tres niñitos, cuatro cinco seis niñitos, siete ocho nueve niñitos, diez niñitos son.

Also:

Los pollitos dicen pio pio pio
    cuando tienen hambre
    cuando tienen frío

La gallina busca
    el maíz y el trigo,
    les da su comida,
    y les presta abrigo.

Bajo sus dos alas
    acurrucaditos
    hasta el otro día
    duermen los pollitos.

And Arroz Con Leche, La arana pequeñita, Tortita de Manteca

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2009