how do you ween babys off binkies? my baby is addicted to his and i dont want it to mess up his theeth

Davids.Girl.06

Asked by Davids.Girl.06 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol...My mom got someone to give me a dollar in exchange for my paci. I was addicted to mine as well. It might not work, but it's worth a try.

Some people swear by cutting them in half so that they can't suck on them. Others say you should just take them away cold turkey and that within a week or so they won't care anymore. You just have to try stuff to see what works.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Thank you! I will try thos!
    Davids.Girl.06

Answer by Davids.Girl.06 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• With the babies, it took a bit longer to go without the pacifier, maybe 5 nights? (we took one at 4 months and one at 10 months) With the toddler, he was done by the third night (13 months). We just took them away...it's done, over and we could move on instead of drawing it out over time...

But that's what worked better for us...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Depending on his age, you might try the "binky fairy". The binky fairy takes the binkies away to new babies who need them and leaves a simple "big kid" present behind.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I felt guilty just taking away her best friend, BOBO. So one morning she laid it down on the table and I just cut the top off of it and laid it down right where she left it. She came about a 1/2 hour later and picked it up, put it in her mouth, and it fell out. She looked at it and said ...Uh oh mommy, someone broke my BoBo. So she just walked around with it and slept with it for 2 days. She never cried about it I think mostly because she let it go herself, versus me just throwing it away. I think that's mean :)
    NikandNat

Answer by NikandNat at 5:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2009