Workout routine

So my husband and I are broke as a joke! We can't afford a gym membership and any home equipment but my son is now 2 years old and it is time for me to get back into shape! However, I don't quite know how to do that. I don't like to run much because I have exercise induced asthma that gets pretty awful when I run. However, anything else doesn't bother me as much as long as I have my inhaler. Does anyone have a routine they do at home on an almost daily basis?? Any ideas for me? And diets as well....??

BraydonsMama262

Asked by BraydonsMama262 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• you should join the healthy wieght loss group- they can give you lots of ideas and help you figure our how many calories you should be eating.

you can find videos on youtube for work-outs, and make sure you drink lots of water too
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2012

• Check out sparkpeople.com. It's a free site that helps you come up with a diet & exercise plan. It starts by setting a realistic goal for you, and it starts out slow which is nice. Like, you can set a goal to drink 8 glasses of water/day. Then you can track your water intake. It starts off by recommending you increase your heart rate for just 10 minutes/day. You could do jumping jacks or something like that (I jogged around my living room but I know you said you don't like running).
    I bought Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred for $9.99 at WalMart + two 3 lb. hand weights for a couple bucks each and I lost 8 lbs. in a month doing that. It's only a 20 minute long workout. That and tracking calories on Sparkpeople.com worked for me...now if I could only stick with it for longer than 30 days I'd be awesome right now!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 10:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2012

• Yeah-sparkpeople is good too, I use that to track my workout min. every day. I know there are people who use my fitness pal I think it's called- but make sure you are eating enough- I guess most sites tell you lower calories than you actually need
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2012

• walking and yoga
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2012

• My favorite workout series is Turbo Jam. Been using it for years and still love it.
    If you're looking for something free, brisk walking (if you can't jog due to asthma), or if you have cable, check your OnDemand section for workouts. There's usually a ton of them in there.
    Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:42 AM on Apr. 25, 2012

• Just walking will help.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 5:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I have a bunch of workout DVDs and I rotate them so I do something different every day. Or at least that's what I was doing and then I got busy and didn't have time for it... I'm trying to rearange my schedule so I can get back into it. I actually print off measurement charts and schedule sheets so I mark off when I did it and I measure various parts of my body, my flexibility, heart rate, weight, BMI etc so I can see the progress I make. It's interesting to be able to look at the actual changes in graphs and charts... yeah I'm geeky like that. I wish my hubby would do it with me so I could have some encouragement and support but he won't so I'm on my own to keep myself motivated.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 4:10 AM on May. 3, 2012

• Yoga, pilates, free weights, and any form that won't induce your asthma. As far as diet, healthy whole grains, lots of vegetables, & lean meats.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 8:46 PM on May. 4, 2012

• walking is a great start
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 11:00 PM on May. 6, 2012