Need opinions...

So my SIL just told me that her family is planning their own shower for me, which is nice, however annoying since they failed to even tell my Mom or sister, but whatever. So I told her that I don't want any silly shower games...I don't know, they annoy me! I didn't really get a great response when I said that. Shouldn't I have an opinion on my own shower or am I crazy?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Shower games are annoying, but they are probably just excited for you and want to throw you a nice party. Just smile and tell them thank you :)
    Anonymous

• grin and bear it honey.... i feel your pain!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 3:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Throw your own shower then? idk.
    Anonymous

• Its just something that women all over the world do... They are SUPER annoying, but if they are going to go out of their way to throw you a party... then just deal with the few games they want to play! Good Luck, be thankful that they want to do this for you!
    Anonymous

• its worth it. as silly as those kind of things are you may end up having some fun. just enjoy yourself, these are people that will most likely be giving you a lot of useful things for your new baby. be thankful that its their headache and not yours too, i had to plan my own and it was a huge pain in the butt
    learae

Answer by learae at 3:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think you should tell them what you want to do. Its your child and your life. You are pregnant not them. My mom offered to do my babyshower and I told her very nicely that her help was appreciated but that I would much preffer for my husband to plan the shower and that she was welcome to help him. Me and my husband have discussed what I want from the theme to the party favors so that everything will be how I want it. It's your happines. I dont let people dictate my life just let them know nicely how you feel but dont let them do something you dont want.
    jasmin1981b

Answer by jasmin1981b at 3:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I know how you feel, I felt the same way .... BUT you have no say. Sorry, but if someone throws you a shower it's all up to them. You just show up looking pregnant and beautiful and smile! That's it!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Yep...if youre on the receiving end of something nice, then you just simply smile and say thank you. Not everyone likes the center of attention spotlight, but its not polite to make demands. You really have no control over it even if you tell them what you don't or do want. Have fun.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2009