I think my boyfriend's ex-wife of 13 years is to involved with his life.

My boyfriend was layed off at his job. He and I have been together for 4 years but have to live in seperate places due to our jobs which is my choice. He owes his ex-wife child support due to being out of work. He now has a new job and he wants me and him to live in the same place. I told him his ex-wife and 18 year old daughter cause alot of trouble. He said they have changed and that his ex-wife bought him groceries some time back. Who buys someone groceries that owes them alot of child support money. She lives with a man that would be very upset if he knew she did this. She goes by his dad's to visit but the family has always hated her because she has been very vindictive and spiteful in the past. Keeping the kids away and taking him to court over every little thing. She also keeps up with what is going on with him and what is going on in the family. My boyfriend tells me that his ex-wife and daughter love me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• thats tough..I think yes they are going to be involved to a certain degree because of the child..but then again it wouldnt be that much becuz shes 18. he can have a relationship with his daughter without the fuss of his ex wife. Now where its causing too much trouble in your relationship is the question. That all depends on how close they are and how much time they are seeing eachother. I wouldnt wanana be in a relationship where someones ex wife was there more than like once every few weeks hanging out and talking like they are best friends and such. now I'm not saying divorcees cant be friends. I just wouldnt do it. So go with ur gut basically, if u think the relationship isnt worth dealing with his ex wife, ( who seems to wanna still be involved in his life even tho their daughter is 18)(which iwouldnt) then move on..if its worth it..then just try to stick it out!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• they have a child together and were married for a long time get over it shes going to be involved. thats life.
    Anonymous

• It was groceries, I wouldn't be upset about it. Even though he may owe child support she is doing what we should do as people, help one another.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• This is his life...you need to ask yourself...is this what you want in life.??
    She will always be apart of his life, they have a child together.
    Trust me if you do not like it now, it probably will not get any better.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• There's way too much old baggage for there to be any hope of a happy future with this dude. Keep the distance, or better yet, move farther away.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2009