Just had my ultrasound last week, Its A Boy, but i been having these terrible migrane headaches for 3 days and i tried Tylenol and Advil, but not helping. NEED ADVISE!

teonia35

Asked by teonia35 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i went through the same thingg. i was diagnosed with migraines at a yong age.. but rarely get them when i was pregnant i got them all the time. talk to yoru dr.. my dr prescribed me darvocet. most narcotics are safe to take when pregnant.
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 3:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• congrats on having a boy!
    now first off you shouldnt be taking advil while pregannt thats a big no no.
    second id call your dr he may be able to give you something that is safe to take. other wise try taking a nice warm bath and using a warm heat pad on the back of your neck or even ice packs.
    I suffer from mirgraines and i know while im pregnant they are worse cause i cant take my medication for them. good luck and i hope you feel better soon.
    Anonymous

• I got my first one a few weeks ago at 12wks pregnant with #4. My midwife told me to take a regular asprin with a shot of expresso. I asked if that was ok since i thought caffine and meds were bad during pregnancy. She said as long as i'm not in my 3rd trimester and not doing it all the time it was ok. Also to try excedine migrane. The asprin and expresso worked for me even in my craxy house that is never quite and I was home with kids. GL
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• OTCs (over the counter meds) are not really going to help most migraine headache pain. Triptans are the most common "kill" medication prescribed. My neurologist has tried me on several and we both agree the Maxalt is the best one. Having started out on that with my General Physician, we know that it works best.

Talk with your OB/GYN. Taking such strong meds, and even taking OTCs, is something that you need careful monitoring for. Also, if you normally drink caffeine (Pop, coffee, etc.) and went off it cold-turkey because of your pregnancy, drink something caffeinated.  NOW!  I went cold-turkey with my first pregnancy and was in misery.  Second pregnancy, drank one can of Dr. Pepper every day and never had a migraine.  Longest time period without a migraine since I was 10 years old.

Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Contact your doc and let them know so they can check your blood pressure to be on the safe side
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My doc said tylenol, tylenol, tylenol and get over it...sigh... my favorite things are hot showers and then lying down all comfy with a rolled up heat pad on the back of my neck... I also make my hubby play with my hair...and my four year old- she is our little beautician and she loves brushing mommy's hair... it helps, but only so long as the hair is being played with or the heat is on...

I'm sorry you have to deal with it, it's soooo not fun.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Ok the only thing that helped me was sleep. I had really bad ones with both of my boys.
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 10:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• advil??? you should not be taking that its not safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2009