What helps?.?.?

I went the hospital yesterday bc of contractions them being 1-2 mins apart and they checked my cervix and Im 2 1/2 cm dilated and 50 % effaced well my Dr was going to break my water and get things going but my cervix wasnt thining so she gave me some kind of med that would help me relax so maybe I could dilate and she could break the water, so she kept me over night and checked me this morning well still no change with the dilation but the contractions are still the same just more intense, so they sent me home bc they said there is nothing they can do since my cervix isnt thining and Im not dilation here I am 36 weeks and want this little one out and there is nothing they will do not even induce me so I guess my question is what can I do to get my cervix to thin out and dilate?(BESIDE HAVING SEX AND WALKING I'VE BEEN DOING BOTH, MY POOR HUSBAND) I was 1 cm on Friday when I went in and 2 1/2 yesterday so its going but slowly.

MaccysMommy09

Asked by MaccysMommy09 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my doc said somthing about the red sause on pizza cuz its spicy then she said have sex after eating it she told me to do it for 2 days i never tryed but it dosent hurt to
    kellygurl87

Answer by kellygurl87 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Their isn't really anything more that you can do! Your body is going to have the baby whenever it's completely ready! Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• your body will do what it needs to do sorry really all you can do is sex and walk i guess you can try nipple stimulation but thats going to make your contractions more intense so fair warning. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• you do not want to have a baby at 36 weeks.. there are too many complications that can arise.. keep the baby in as long as possible 36 weeks is premature.. believe me.. the hardest hing in the world is leaving that sweet baby behind when you leave the hospital.
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 3:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• if you have the baby tomorrow i am sure she would be fine, my friend had hers at 33 weeks and he was only in nicu for 10 days and 37 is full term so i am sure your aok! i am 38 and 3 days and want mine out but i wouldnt want to get induced you can only lay in bed and cntractions are alot worse plus most women that are induced end up having c- sections in the end.
    melis1029

Answer by melis1029 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• as much as it sucks the baby will come out when its ready and there isnt a lot you can do to make it happen sooner. you could honestly be pregnant for another 5 to 6 weeks. find something to pass the time i suppose
    learae

Answer by learae at 3:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Yeah- I would force my husband to pamper the heck out of me until the baby decides s/he wants to come out... now is a great time to ask for back rubs and ice cream and whatever else you want...because you know after the little one comes out it will get all of the attention...sigh...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2009