Does your DH ever talk down to you?

Or am I alone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• You are not alone... My dad talked down to my mother all my growing up years and even today..
    My DH does not talk down to me....thanks to my father, I know better...
    There is no reason for that, you need to stick up for yourself...
    Tell your DH what you will tolerate and what you will not tolerate.
    Start sticking up for yourself..Relationships like that are just not healthy, not healthy for you, and all involved...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• ur not alone. when my hubby and I get in arguments he makes me feel like the stupidest person that ever walked the earth...
    Anonymous

• Why would you marry a person who thinks he is superior to you? Doesn't that say something about a wife's lack of respect for herself? I really think that way too many women ignore that sign when they are dating, thinking that it will change after the marriage. It usually does, but it's for the worse and not for the better. You might try asking him politely to speak to you as another adult and not as his child. Also, you should never allow another person to have enough control to make you feel badly about yourself. His opinion is just that--his opinion. Doesn't mean he is right.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• my ex did that's why he's an ex
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 3:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• he can be mean to me but no i dont stand for that .. i get really mean myself if that happens and remind him that I AM THE SMART ONE...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Your not alone!!! Mine down to me and at me like i'm a child... I had always been conrtolling I just didn't see how bad it was intell our DD was born....
    Anonymous

• my ex boyfriend is like that too.
    my hubby knows better than to do that! unless he wants to get popped!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Yep, when he gets mad he calls me names and cusses me out.
    Anonymous