Only God can reveal God?

If we study all the cultural groups around the world, past and present, they all seem to have a history that tries to communicate and understand a higher power outside of themselves, and to be known and cared for by this power.

Where does this concept and desire from, if not from a Being who created us with a free will that has the capacity for responsiveness to Him?

Doesn't the very thought of God in a human mind assumes and requires His existence?

Readywriter

Asked by Readywriter at 5:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• :Yes but most people want to do god there way not JESUS way. The JESUS way is a lot easer and gets us to heaven we give JESUS our old dirty sins and HE gives us the HOLY SPRIT to assure us we get to go to heaven. Adom and Eve lost the GLORY of GOD and we will have it back when we get new bodys.
    yovonna

Answer by yovonna at 5:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• We are born with a body, spirit and a soul,it is natural for us to hunger or desire to know our creator.
    How can a person say there is no God, I really don't know, perhaps they become so scientific or logical...I really don't know...My logical mind says none of this makes sense, but my spirit and my soul know better... that is where faith comes from...
    Anyway... We have the free will to choose, but in reality we know...does that make sense?
    traces_space07

Answer by traces_space07 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• It's simple enough. We created god, not the other way around. We are basically animals who need to feel that we are important to some divine energy, that we are more than just animals. We need to think that we are more than just "pets". We need to think that the terrible and wonderful things that happen in our lives originate from an all-powerful source who's in control. That's why our gods have all of our worst faults (a god-sized temper, a blood-thirst, a petulant, egotistical nature, all of it)and few really god-like virtues (patience, love, generosity). The divine is within us and is what we make it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• No, God created all things. We were created in his image to serve him and love him. We had a guest speaker at our church a few Sundays ago who preached on Faith Hope and Love. He said Faith in God leads to a Hope for the future which means we are free to Love everyone...even are enemy's because we are secure in where we're going. We know we have a seat in heaven that's waiting! We can be content with our life! That's what everyone in the world over, past and present has been looking for!
    1hotlilmama

Answer by 1hotlilmama at 9:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Belief in God is so widespread both in primitive cultures and throughout history, and atheism so theoretical, limited,and sporadic, that it is demonstrably a human consensus, despite occasional disclaimers, that God exists.

If human nature is intrinsicaly capable of developing an awareness of God as self-consciounsness emerges and develops, then God Himself must have planted there.

Readywriter

Answer by Readywriter at 12:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2008

• " Doesn't the very thought of God in a human mind assumes and requires His existence?" That is a good point to ponder. The scripture passage came to mind whereas God has placed it within man to know of His existance, even in things visible of his existance. And I believe in "this knowing" that God allows us to began our journey w/ Him, seeking for truth that we may know of Him and find Him. But we know that many love darkness instead of light so thier mind turned in a direction elsewhere, choosing to worship the creation and not the Creator.
    lovengrace

Answer by lovengrace at 9:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2008

• Personally I agree with your title,only God can reveal God. Thank God He choose me to be a part of His family and kingdom. We are mere human beings, not having any supernatural powers. Our mere mind can not perceive God. God MUST shine His light abroad over us. It's the grace of His presence through the Holy Spirit that enable us to began to see the light. It's because God loves us not the other way around that love sought us, found us and restored us. I was lost in darkness, in sin, up beyond my neck, stuck and Christ did, is delivering me through His salvation.
    lovengrace

Answer by lovengrace at 9:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2008