• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone have any suggestions for relief of itching from a shampoo allergy? Aside from switching shampoos?

I think I'm allergic to my shampoo. The back of my head itches sooo bad. I switched shampoo's, but so far it's not better. My hubby looked at it and said it was really red & I have little whelps! Any remedies or suggestions would be appreicated! Also, I don't have lice! LOL

themacs4

Asked by themacs4 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Health

• Have you tried T-Gel? It works.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you might have a skin condition rather than an allergy. Theres really no way to know until a dermatologist looks at it. I have psoriasis on my scalp and my head itches profusely when I don't use my medicated shampoo. I use Neutrogena Tgel and though it stinks, it works. I know how uncomfy that is. Hopefully you will figure that out soon.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• MOST Shampoo's have formaldehyde in them. I have a shampoo that does not ..email at CafeMoms fro more info
    LahainaKat

Answer by LahainaKat at 4:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Hey Jess has a real dry scalp i buy her suave daily clarifing (sp) and it helps her huge. It's the cheapest and imagine that it works. good luck hun
    armywife67

Answer by armywife67 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2009