okay, so I am getting my way...

This question is more for moms who have had the birthfather give up their parental rights. My DD bio father is giving up his rights to my daughter. My husband is going to adopt her. This has been what I wanted for my DD since bio is never around. I am so happy that he wont be here to confuse her anymore and that my husband has taken the dad role (he has been raising her as his own already) so she has a dad who loves her unconditionally and takes really good care of her. But on the other hand I look at her sweet little innocent face and just want to cry with the thought "how could there possibly be a human in the world who would not be so proud to be a part of your life" running through my head. Is this a common emotion to have?

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 3:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Definatly! My brother adopted my nephew, and they went through the same thing. His real dad didn't even show up for the court hearings so that automatically took away his rights and my brother adopted him. My sister in law really had a hard time with it, but they are all much happier now. That was about 3 years ago.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I have never been thru this, well I am actually trying to get my babies bio father to sign over his rights, but I have even thought it myself. I think its common and normal. there is no way I would ever walk out on my child, nor sign over my rights. If someone could do that I feel thats exactly what needs to be done!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I understand where you are coming from...no my daughters father did not give up his rights...
    but he only sees her 4 times a year..
    YOUR WORDS.."how could there possibly be a human in the world who would not be so proud to be a part of your life" running through my head. Is this a common emotion to have?

I feel for you, thank God us women are strong..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• my sons bio father has never met my son. When i see my son (who looks exactly like his dad) I think..how can he not wanna be in Noah's life? I think its normal to feel!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Is the bio-dad paying child support? If so that might be the only reason he is doing it. Not to have to pay anymore.

Later on in life your DD might want to know who her bio-dad is. So you should try to keep in tough with him

Answer by louise2 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I know how u feel cause my 1st baby girl dad never been in her life before. Everyday I think how he can do that but look at him he have 7 girls still trying to get a boy. But he told me he can not help me cause I'm not helping him.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 3:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You can't control what he does. If he doesn't want to have anything to do with you and your child, you need to stay as far away from him as possible. It's his loss and your daughter is better off without him. It sounds like you are the one who needs to get over him. If your husband is going to be her dad, and he loves her, she's never going to miss her bio dad who doesn't care. You are the one who misses him. Move on and be glad that you made a better choice with relationships this time. You made a poor desision hooking up with a deadbeat loser in the first place, but now you have a man who wants to be a dad to your daughter, so she won't suffer for your bad choice and low self esteem. Be grateful. Move on.
    Anonymous

• You are such a lovely couple.Just think how wonderful your life will be with your man adopting your beautiful daughter. That is love..............................
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2009